About Me

My photo
Living on the edge of the world is unique; the ocean is present at all times. Life is meant to be enjoyed since it is a gift from God; mine is active, fun, and interesting. I'm inspired by finding happiness in what I already have been given; it's up to you today to do the same.

Saturday, April 11, 2020

EASTER MEMORIES, OLD AND NEW



     Growing up, Easter was a special time in our home, a time of  surprises on Sunday morning - colored eggs hidden beneath furniture, baskets overflowing with chocolate bunnies and bright jelly beans, and later on, a holiday feast at our Grandparent's farm, complete with ham, tender rolls, deviled eggs, and sweet cakes for dessert. Year after year this tradition carried on, festive and fun, yet not about a resurrected Savior.
     When I grew up, I discovered a new truth, one which I had not heard of, how Easter had another meaning, and the eggs colored so beautifully and hidden by our Mother's hand were also a symbol of  an empty tomb, the empty grave of Jesus.
     Seeing Easter more  clearly gave me an entirely new-found perspective, one which I could understand and appreciate. It made perfect sense, this Son of  God who died for all.
     Easter is a time of rich tradition celebrated in many ways all over the world. We will always color eggs, put out special  decorations to signify new life, enjoy sweet treats, send cards, then end the day with a simple and delicious meal with family and friends.  
     In addition, we celebrate the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus at home, at church, in the community, and especially in our hearts as we read and reflect about this Glorious Day.
     "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity."      1 Corinthians 13:11-12
     


No comments:

Post a Comment