About Me

My photo
Living on the edge of the world is unique; the ocean is present at all times. Life is meant to be enjoyed since it is a gift from God; mine is active, fun, and interesting. I'm inspired by finding happiness in what I already have been given; it's up to you today to do the same.

Friday, October 7, 2016

WHITE


How can I possible resist a soft cluster of white blooms in autumn?Not everyone feels as I do about white, especially flowers.  Friends of mine dig out their pearly colored plants, and practically beg me to take them home with me.  And I do, happily.  

Purple is a flower color rarely seen in my garden.  My friend who gives me the whites has lots of purples.  I look at the plants with suspicion, wondering how they could possibly be chosen over white.  I come up with no reason, and I don't tell my friend how much purple gets on my nerves.  After all, I get given what my friend does not  like, and I might not if I begin to openly critique her color choice.

I once walked into the newly remodeled home of a woman I had met only once.  I had been told how dreadful her color choices were throughout the house so I was curious to see for myself.

As I entered the great room, I was at once dazzled by the whiteness of everything.  Purely beautiful, I walked from room to room, feeling a calmness at the warm, white tones.  The kitchen had not one hint of a different color except just over the expansive stove where an enormous display of brilliantly colored tiles covered the back splash - reds, greens, amber, set against white marble counter tops.  I loved it.

Each and every room had a similar theme; all white with splashes of stunning colors from blues, to pinks, lavenders, and black.  To me, this house was the perfect color.

I now leave off with this:  "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde.  Yes, this has nothing to do with white but it is something to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment