About Me

My photo
Living on the edge of the world is unique; the ocean is present at all times. Life is meant to be enjoyed since it is a gift from God; mine is active, fun, and interesting. I'm inspired by finding happiness in what I already have been given; it's up to you today to do the same.

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

I WISH I MAY, I WISH I MIGHT

The times I have been asked "if you could go back, would you have"... are too numerous to count. Currently, my answer goes like this:  'Since I am not the same person I once was, how can I possibly know, and I did what I believed was best.'  Truth is, no one does their best; we get tired, lazy; even mean-spirited.  

I wish I may, I wish I might can be turned into wishing I had or had not, or, on a more positive note, a wish is a way to pray for something good to happen for yourself or others.

As a child, I wished for a horse.  I blew at the little, fluffy milkweeds until all the seeds were released, certain my wish would come true.  One day a horse appeared, something I am grateful for, a result of my Dad's understanding of my desire.  Blowing on the milkweed was a fun way of hoping for what I could not see.

If I already had a horse, I would not have wished for a horse; who hopes for what is right in front of him?  I had faith in the unseen. "Faith is the confident assurance of what we hope for is going to happen."  (Hebrews 11:1) I cannot go back to a time to wish something away that already happened.  What I can do is to make new choices based on experiences of the past.  You, too.  It's up to you today to live in the goodness of faith in God who commanded and formed the entire universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment